Windsor Hall High School Canada
About Windsor Hall High School Canada
The Windsor Hall High School Canada campus is situated in the beautiful city of Richmond, which is part of the Greater Vancouver area. They are dedicated to providing a top-notch educational system and customized university plans to cater to their students’ needs.
Windsor Hall is currently in the process of seeking authorization as an IB World School and is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme. The primary goal of the International Baccalaureate (IB) is to foster curious, knowledgeable, and compassionate individuals who contribute to building a more harmonious and peaceful world through mutual respect and intercultural understanding.
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) is a global educational initiative designed for students aged 11 to 16 (Grades 6-10) as part of the wider International Baccalaureate (IB) continuum. This program serves as a preparatory stage for students before they embark on the two-year IB Diploma Programme.
Programs at Windsor Hall High School Canada
International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme:
IB World Schools are united by a shared philosophy, which centers on enhancing the education of a diverse and inclusive student community. They achieve this by offering rigorous and excellent international educational programs that embody a compelling vision for teaching and learning.
Admission Requirements at Windsor Hall
- Academic Requirements: Applicants must submit their official transcripts or academic records. If these documents are not in English, they must be translated and officially certified.
- Supporting Documentation: A copy of the applicant’s passport, and immunization records must be submitted in addition to the application form.
- Interview/Assessment: Every applicant is required to undergo both an interview with a member of the Admissions team and an Admissions Assessment.
Tuition, Fees, and Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees:
- Application Fee (non-refundable): $200 CAD
- Program Tuition: $18,500 CAD annually
- Student Service Fee: $400 CAD annually
- Curricular Activities & Clubs: $600 CAD annually
- School Uniform Fee:
- Male Students: $382 CAD
- Female Students: $425 CAD
- PE Uniform (grade 8- 10): $47 CAD
- Books & Materials Fee: $200 CAD
- Medical Insurance Fee (International students only): $1,000 CAD annually
- Homestay Application Fee: $200 CAD
- Homestay Fees: $1,200 per month
- Custodianship Declaration/Application: $200 CAD
- Custodianship Fee: $1,000 CAD annually
The School will consider requests for fee refunds, excluding Non-Refundable Fees and a $500 administration fee, in cases where the Student’s initial study permit and/or entry visa, or a returning student’s study permit and/or entry visa, is not approved by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The refund is subject to the condition that the refusal is not due to any delay or failure on the Student’s part to apply in sufficient time before the start of their Educational Program.
Additionally, the Student must provide satisfactory supporting documentation along with a copy of the original IRCC letter of denial, the study permit and/or entry visa application (or extension application), and the Letter of Acceptance or Letter of Re-Admission issued by the school.
Windsor Hall operates with open enrollment for its programs, meaning that applications for admission are accepted throughout the year based on available space.
Facilities at Windsor Hall
- Classrooms: The school has well-equipped small-sized classrooms that provide a suitable learning environment for students. These classrooms are designed to facilitate interactive and engaging teaching and learning experiences.
- Computer Labs: Windsor Hall offers computer labs with access to computers, software, and internet connectivity. These labs allow students to work on assignments, conduct research, and enhance their computer skills.
- Library: The school has a library or resource center that provides a collection of books, journals, and digital resources. Students can use these resources for academic research, studying, and accessing course materials.
- Study Areas: Windsor Hall provides designated study areas or spaces where students can concentrate on their coursework and collaborate with peers. These areas may include quiet study rooms, group study rooms, and communal spaces.
- Student Lounge: The school has a student lounge area where students can relax, socialize, and interact with their peers. This space may have comfortable seating, tables, and recreational amenities.
- Student Services: The school offers student services such as academic advising, counseling, and support for career development. These services aim to assist students in achieving their academic and personal goals.
- Field Trips: We complement our courses with field trips to diverse destinations throughout the lower mainland, enriching the learning experience. These field trips encompass visits to nature centers, local businesses, museums, and amusement parks, among other potential locations.
- Clubs and Outdoor Activities: These activities have a primary goal of equipping students with vital life skills. Their intention is for students to disconnect from the demands of daily routines and instead focus on recognizing, implementing, and reflecting upon strategies that can improve and sustain their overall well-being.
- Volunteer Opportunities: The school facilitates connections between students and local charitable organizations, providing opportunities for them to actively engage in events that promote social awareness and foster a sense of global citizenship.
- Custodianship: For students below the age of 19, it is mandatory to have a responsible adult who will take care of them while they are in Canada. In cases where the student will not be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, Windsor Hall must make arrangements for custodianship.
- Homestay: Homestays at Windsor Hall offers exceptional value, as the families hosting students are meticulously chosen to create a welcoming and comfortable environment that resembles a “home away from home” for the students.
We offer pre-evaluation of your documents including transcripts and English language proficiency results before applying to your program of choice. Additionally, we offer assistance and guidance in constructing optimal resumes and personal statements if required for admission. lastly, we provide a checklist of all the required documents for admission and assist you with applying for residency as well.