Royal Bridge High School (RBHS)
About Royal Bridge High School
Royal Bridge High School (RBHS) is an officially certified and bonded independent school under the British Columbia Ministry of Education. All of their students are registered within the BC education system. Royal Bridge High School is located in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. At Royal Bridge High School, they have designed a comprehensive school program aimed at offering top-notch educators who create nurturing learning environments. The primary objective is to assist students in enhancing their academic, language, creative, and critical thinking abilities while also establishing a solid foundation in arts, sports, technology, and social responsibility. Their ultimate aim is to prepare Royal Bridge High School students for acceptance and enrollment in Post-Secondary Institutions both in Canada and internationally, instilling in them a profound sense of responsibility as global citizens. The school has achieved remarkable success in placing students in esteemed programs at prestigious universities across Canada, the United States, and other countries. With an impressive college acceptance rate of 95%, Royal Bridge High School stands among the leading high schools in Canada.
BC Graduation Program:
The BC Graduation Program at RBHS is officially authorized by the province of British Columbia. Students who fulfill the graduation requirements set by the province receive the prestigious “British Columbia Dogwood Diploma,” also known as the B.C. Certificate of Graduation. To obtain a Dogwood diploma, each student must successfully complete specific fundamental courses, comprising 48 credits from compulsory subjects, 28 credits from optional courses, and 4 credits from Career Life Connections 12 & Capstone.
AP Courses and Exams:
Your AP score has the potential to grant you college credits even before you begin attending classes on campus. In fact, the majority of AP students who join four-year colleges already have some credits. Gaining credit or advanced placement through AP exams can create opportunities for a more flexible schedule or even early graduation.
- Academic Requirements: Applicants must submit their official transcripts or academic records. If these documents are not in English, they must be translated and officially certified.
- Supporting Documentation: A copy of the applicant’s passport, and a passport size photo must be submitted in addition to the application form.
- Interview: Candidates may be required to participate in an interview with the principal of RHBS, which will be arranged by the Admissions Office durind the application process.
- Student Statement: When requested by RBHS, the student should provide a handwritten self-introduction of 1-2 pages explaining their reasons for desiring admission to the school.
- references: Upon request by RBHS, two letters of reference should be submitted, offering supporting information about the student’s academic capabilities, conduct, and potential to excel both academically and socially as an international student.
Tuition, Fees and Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees:
- Application Fee: $200 CAD
- Tuition Fee: $21,000 per year
- Activities/Field Trips Fee: $150 CAD per semester
- Material and Facility Support Fee: $100 per course
- School Uniform Fee: $750 CAD
- Graduation Fee: $400 CAD
- Homestay Placement Fee: $500 CAD
- Homestay Fee (including 3 meals): $1,000 CAD – $1,800 CAD
- Custodianship Fee: $2,200 CAD per year
If the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) does not approve a student’s Study Permit, a full refund of the remaining fees, excluding the application fee, will be provided. To request a refund, the student must submit the formal letter of refusal from the CIC and the original Letter of Acceptance issued by Royal Bridge High School.
RBHS operates with open enrolment for its programs, meaning that applications for admission are accepted throughout the year for a specific semester based on available space.
Facilities at RBHS
- Classrooms: The school has well-equipped small sized classrooms that provide a suitable learning environment for students. These classrooms are designed to facilitate interactive and engaging teaching and learning experiences.
- Computer Labs: RBHS offers computer labs with access to computers, software, and internet connectivity. These labs allow students to work on assignments, conduct research, and enhance their computer skills.
- Library: The school has a library or resource center that provides a collection of books, journals, and digital resources. Students can use these resources for academic research, studying, and accessing course materials.
- Study Areas: RBHS provides designated study areas or spaces where students can concentrate on their coursework and collaborate with peers. These areas may include quiet study rooms, group study rooms, and communal spaces.
- Student Lounge: The school has a student lounge area where students can relax, socialize, and interact with their peers. This space may have comfortable seating, tables, and recreational amenities.
- Student Services: The school offers student services such as academic advising, counseling, and support for career development. These services aim to assist students in achieving their academic and personal goals.
- Field Trips: We complement our courses with field trips to diverse destinations throughout the lower mainland, enriching the learning experience. These field trips encompass visits to nature centers, local businesses, museums, and amusement parks, among other potential locations.
- Clubs and Outdoor Activities: These activities have a primary goal of equipping students with vital life skills. Their intention is for students to disconnect from the demands of daily routines and instead focus on recognizing, implementing, and reflecting upon strategies that can improve and sustain their overall well-being.
- Volunteer Opportunities: The school facilitates connections between students and local charitable organizations, providing opportunities for them to actively engage in events that promote social awareness and foster a sense of global citizenship.
- Homestay: Homestays at RBHS offer exceptional value, as the families hosting students are meticulously chosen to create a welcoming and comfortable environment that resembles a “home away from home” for the students.
We offer pre-evaluation of your documents including transcripts and English language proficiency results prior to applying to your program of choice. Additionally, we offer assistance and provide guidance in constructing optimal resumes and personal statements if required for admission. lastly we provide a checklist of all the required documents for admission and assist you with applying for residency as well.