Hermes Colleges Network
About Hermes Colleges
Hermes Colleges Network consists of 7 different institutions located in Quebec, Canada. Veritas College of Technology Inc., located in Montreal, Quebec, is an authorized private career college that provides specialized post-vocational programs (DVS/DEP Diploma of Vocational Studies) in Residential and Commercial Drafting. Their curriculum combines theoretical and practical learning to offer a well-rounded educational experience. Matrix College is an accredited private career college that provides specialized post-secondary programs in Business, Technology, and Engineering. The college offers a wide range of IT training courses. Aviron Quebec Technical College is a privately owned educational institution situated in Quebec City. Founded in 1961 by Mr. Allan Flegg, the college operates from two separate campuses and provides a variety of DEP-level programs. These programs encompass disciplines such as plumbing-heating, electricity, welding-assembly, carpentry-joinery, automobile mechanics, and more. Ascent College of Technology Inc. provides educational programs focused on the development of applications in the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Academy of Learning is another college in the Hermes Colleges Network that offers a range of programs in business, accounting, healthcare, IT, and design. Additionally, situated in the province of Quebec, Canada, Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles is a public higher education institution that is bilingual in both French and English. It serves a student body of around 3000 individuals. Lastly, In addition to their diverse range of pre-university and technical programs offered in French, Cégep Marie-Victorin provides specific programs in English through their Intercultural and International Education Centre, both locally and internationally.
This faculty focuses on providing academic programs and courses related to business and management studies. They offer specialized programs in areas like finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, or international business. The faculty would provide a variety of courses covering subjects like accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, human resources, operations, business ethics, and strategic planning.
Accounting and Managements:
The Accounting department would offer courses and programs related to financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, and financial analysis. Students would learn about accounting principles, financial reporting, budgeting, and the interpretation and analysis of financial statements.
This faculty offers various programs and specializations in Information Technology, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Administration, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Web Development, and Database Management.
The Computer Science department offers programs specializing in Computer Science in areas like software development, artificial intelligence, data science, computer networks, or software engineering. The curriculum would include core courses covering fundamental concepts in Computer Science, such as programming languages, algorithms, data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, and software development methodologies.
Early Childhood Education:
The department would offer programs that prepare individuals for a career in early childhood education. These programs may include diplomas, certificates, or associate degrees in Early Childhood Education. They would provide the necessary knowledge and skills to work with young children. The curriculum would cover topics related to child development, learning theories, cognitive development, social-emotional development, language acquisition, and educational psychology.
The faculty offers programs specializing in different areas of design, such as Graphic Design, Web Design. Each program would provide specialized knowledge and skills in its respective field. The curriculum would cover fundamental design principles and techniques, including color theory, typography, composition, visual communication, sketching, prototyping, digital design tools, and software applications relevant to the specific design field.
- Academic Requirements: International students must meet the minimum academic requirements for admission. This typically includes the completion of secondary education that is equivalent to Canadian high school completion. Applicants must submit their official transcripts or academic records, including course grades and graduation certificates. If these documents are not in English, they must be translated and officially certified. Some programs require completion of post-secondary education and a bachelor’s degree.
- Students may also need to complete Program-Specific Prerequisite courses.
- English Language Proficiency: International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Accepted language proficiency tests include the TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or other equivalent exams. This usually includes a minimum score of 6.0 on the IELTS academic test or its equivalent.
- Supporting Documents: International students may be required to provide additional supporting documents, such as a personal statements, letters of recommendation, and/or a resume/CV. These documents can help provide a comprehensive overview of the applicant’s qualifications and experiences.
Tuition, Fees and Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees:
- Application Fee: Application Fees vary between $100 CAD -$300 CAD depending on the college
- Tuition Fees: Tuition fees are approximately $15,000 annually or $30,000 CAD for two year programs
Should an applicant not successfully obtain their study permit prior to the start of the term, the colleges at Hermes Colleges Network will refund the tuition minus the application fee. Applicants will be required to provide proof of their declined study permit to be eligible for a refund.
Deadlines vary depending on the program and the college within the Hermes Colleges Network. however the majority of the programs have 3 different intakes per year in January, May and September. Additionally, some colleges within the network operate with open enrolment for their programs, meaning that applications for admission are accepted throughout the year.
Facilities at Hermes Colleges Network
The colleges at Hermes Colleges Network provide various facilities to support the learning and overall experience of its students. Here are some common facilities you can typically find at these colleges:
- Classrooms: The college has well-equipped classrooms that provide a suitable learning environment for students. These classrooms are designed to facilitate interactive and engaging teaching and learning experiences.
- Computer Labs: Alexander College typically offers computer labs with access to computers, software, and internet connectivity. These labs allow students to work on assignments, conduct research, and enhance their computer skills.
- Library: The college typically has a library or resource center that provides a collection of books, journals, and digital resources. Students can use these resources for academic research, studying, and accessing course materials.
- Study Areas: Alexander College usually provides designated study areas or spaces where students can concentrate on their coursework and collaborate with peers. These areas may include quiet study rooms, group study rooms, and communal spaces.
- Student Lounge: The college often has a student lounge area where students can relax, socialize, and interact with their peers. This space may have comfortable seating, tables, and recreational amenities.
- Cafeteria or Food Services: Alexander College may have a cafeteria or food services on campus, offering a variety of food and beverage options for students to enjoy during their study breaks.
- Student Services: The college typically offers student services such as academic advising, counseling, and support for career development. These services aim to assist students in achieving their academic and personal goals.
Some Colleges within the network offer scholarships to incoming international students. See below for examples:
- Scholarship offered to international students that can range up to $18,000 CAD
- Scholarship offered to international students that can range up to $13,500 CAD
We offer pre-evaluation of your documents including transcripts and English language proficiency results prior to applying to your program of choice. Additionally, we offer assistance and provide guidance in constructing optimal resumes and personal statements if required for admission. lastly, we provide a checklist of all the required documents for admission and assist you with applying for residency as well.