About Brighton College
Brighton College is a vocational training institution situated in the Lower Mainland area of British Columbia, close to Vancouver. Their primary campus is conveniently located in central Burnaby. The college is dedicated to providing excellent education and support within a serious learning environment to students from diverse backgrounds and with various abilities, aiming to enhance their lives for a better future. The college strongly believes that a practical and technical education, combined with hands-on training, forms a strong foundation to prepare and guide students towards their desired career paths immediately after completing their studies. Established in 2000, Brighton College has experienced significant growth and now offers more than 30 programs, covering areas such as building and engineering technology, information technology, as well as a comprehensive range of business-related courses including Office Assistant, International Trade, Accounting, and Business Management. Many of their programs have received accreditations and established partnerships with industry-recognized certifications. To ensure student success and professional development, Brighton College provides student services and career development support through their dedicated departments. These services include academic advisement, academic assistance, and guidance for career development.
Faculty of AutoCAD:
The program at Brighton College emphasizes computer aided design and drafting, specifically targeting advanced models and drafts. Throughout the program, you will gain exposure to various software applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, 3D Studio Mask, and Autodesk Inventor. This comprehensive training equips you with the necessary skills to pursue employment in diverse industries such as engineering, architecture, and construction.
Faculty of Architecture:
The architecture design courses at Brighton College serve as an introduction to the field of architecture and equip you with fundamental skills necessary for a career in this profession. These courses cover various aspects such as building design technology, green building design, planning, construction, and maintenance. By completing these courses, you will be well-prepared to pursue a career in architecture.
Faculty of Business:
The business faculty provides a variety of business-related courses and programs to develop students’ skills in areas such as accounting, business management, international trade, office administration, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism:
Brighton College provides a variety of hospitality programs that encompass a wide range of managerial skills. These programs are designed in accordance with the certification standards of the American Hotel and Lodging Association. By enrolling in these programs, you can expand your career opportunities in the field of Hospitality Management across multiple industries.
Faculty of Construction:
The construction industry is experiencing significant growth in British Columbia, leading to an increased demand for skilled tradespeople with strong business acumen. There is a particular need for individuals who possess practical construction knowledge and are capable of assuming management and supervisor positions. By enrolling in the Building Code course, you will acquire a comprehensive understanding of Canadian building regulations and the specific provisions outlined in the British Columbia Building Code. This knowledge will equip you with the necessary expertise to excel in the construction industry.
Faculty of Engineering:
The civil engineering courses at Brighton College focus on the principles and practices of building and civil engineering. The majority of the learning is delivered through lectures, supplemented by occasional field visits to construction sites. These engineering classes cover a wide range of topics including building and construction practices, civil infrastructure standards, and computer-aided drafting technologies such as AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp. By engaging in these courses, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills relevant to the field of civil engineering.
Faculty of International Trade:
Brighton College offers a range of international trade programs that have been carefully developed to cover various aspects of global business. These programs encompass not only the logistics of international trade and cross-border investments but also consider the cultural and ethical components inherent in this field. With a focus on meeting the demands of modern international businesses, these programs equip you with essential skills in global logistics, marketing, finance, and supply chain management. Whether you opt for a diploma in international trade or a certificate in global logistics, Brighton College ensures that you are well-prepared for the industry, providing you with diverse options to suit your career goals.
Faculty of Accounting:
Brighton College has designed Accounting Training Programs that offer comprehensive instruction on the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in Canadian financial offices. These programs familiarize you with the latest computerized accounting software widely used today, including QuickBooks and Sage 50 (previously known as Simply Accounting). By enrolling in these programs, you will gain in-depth coverage of the subject matter, equipping you with the expertise needed to excel in the field of accounting in Canada.
Faculty of English Language Studies:
Brighton College offers English language programs for international students or individuals looking to improve their English language skills for academic or professional purposes.
- Academic Requirements: International students must meet the minimum academic requirements for admission. This typically includes the completion of secondary education that is equivalent to Canadian high school completion. Applicants must submit their official transcripts or academic records, including course grades and graduation certificates. If these documents are not in English, they must be translated and officially certified.
- English Language Proficiency: International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Accepted language proficiency tests include the TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or other equivalent exams. Students must obtain a minimum score of 6.0 overall on the IELTS academic test, a score of 71 on the TOEFL iBT test, or a score of 95 on the Duolingo test.
- Students may also take the Brighton College English Entry Assessment Test and must score a minimum of 60%.
- Supporting Documents: International students may be required to provide additional supporting documents, such as a personal statements, letters of recommendation, and/or a resume/CV. These documents can help provide a comprehensive overview of the applicant’s qualifications and experiences.
Tuition, Fees and Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees:
- Diploma Programs Tuition: Ranges between $12,000 CAD – $20,000 CAD
- Certificate Programs Tuition: Ranges between $3,000 CAD – $11,000 CAD
- International Application Fee: $250 CAD
- Domestic Application Fee: $150 CAD
Should an applicant not successfully obtain their study permit prior to the start of the term, Brighton College will refund the deposit minus the non-refundable $250 CAD application fee. Applicants will be required to provide proof of their declined study permit to be eligible for a refund.
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling admissions basis and are processed any time throughout
Facilities Brighton College
Brighton College provides a range of facilities to support student learning and enhance the overall educational experience. Some of the facilities available at Brighton College include:
- Classrooms: Well-equipped classrooms provide a conducive learning environment with modern technology and resources to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Computer Labs: Dedicated computer labs equipped with up-to-date hardware and software are available for students to gain hands-on experience and develop skills related to their programs.
- Library: The college has a library with a collection of books, reference materials, and online resources to support research and study needs. Students can access various educational materials and resources to enhance their learning.
- Practical Training Areas: For programs that require hands-on training, Brighton College provides practical training areas such as simulation labs, workshop spaces, and industry-standard equipment to ensure students gain practical skills and experience.
- Student Lounge: A student lounge or common area is available for students to relax, socialize, and engage in informal discussions with their peers. It provides a space for students to take breaks between classes and build a sense of community.
- Career Services: Brighton College offers dedicated career services that provide support and guidance to students in their career development. This may include job placement assistance, resume building, interview preparation, and networking opportunities.
- Student Support Services: The college provides student support services to assist students throughout their academic journey. This may include academic advising, tutoring, counseling, and assistance for students with special needs.
- Campus Amenities: Brighton College campuses may offer additional amenities such as cafeterias, recreational facilities, parking, and access to public transportation for the convenience of students.
We offer pre-evaluation of your documents including transcripts and English language proficiency results prior to applying to your program of choice. Additionally, we offer assistance and provide guidance in constructing optimal resumes and personal statements if required for admission. lastly we provide a checklist of all the required documents for admission and assist you with applying for residency as well.