About Arbutus College
Arbutus College is a private post-secondary institution located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Situated on West Hastings Street, the college offers programs primarily focused on English language training and business studies. Arbutus College is known for its English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program, which is designed to prepare students for academic study at Canadian colleges and universities. The program focuses on developing language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The college also provides business-focused diploma programs, including Business Administration, International Trade Management, and Hospitality and Tourism Management. These programs aim to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue careers in their chosen fields. Arbutus College is situated in the downtown area of Vancouver, providing students with access to a vibrant and diverse urban environment. The city offers numerous cultural attractions, recreational opportunities, and a thriving business community. Lastly, the college offers various support services to assist students in their academic and personal development. This includes academic advising, counseling, and career services, which aim to enhance student success and help students transition into their chosen careers.
- English Language Programs: Arbutus College is well-known for its English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program. This program is designed to help students develop their English language skills for academic purposes, with a focus on listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Business Programs: Arbutus College offers several business-focused diploma programs. These programs provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in various business fields. Some of the business programs offered may include Business Administration, Marketing, International Trade Management, and Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Computer Science and Frontend Web Development: The Diploma in Computer Science and Frontend Web Development program at Arbutus College supports students in building a foundation in computer science and low-level programming. The program utilizes project-based and peer-to-peer learning approaches to gradually develop students’ proficiency in advanced programming skills and expertise in web development.
- Academic Requirements: International students must meet the minimum academic requirements for admission. This typically includes the completion of secondary education that is equivalent to Canadian high school completion. Applicants must submit their official transcripts or academic records, including course grades and graduation certificates. If these documents are not in English, they must be translated and officially certified.
- English Language Proficiency: International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Accepted language proficiency tests include the TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or other equivalent exams. Students must obtain a minimum score of 5.0 overall on the IELTS academic test, a score of 64 on the TOEFL iBT test, or a score of 80 on the Duolingo test. Please not that the minimum score requirements may vary by program.
- Supporting Documents: International students may be required to provide additional supporting documents, such as a personal statements, letters of recommendation, and/or a resume/CV. These documents can help provide a comprehensive overview of the applicant’s qualifications and experiences.
Tuition, Fees and Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees:
Tuition fees vary depending on the length of the program, whether it includes co-cop.
- Hospitality Management Diploma Tuition: $9,000 CAD – $29,000 CAD
- Business Management Diploma Tuition: $8,000 CAD – $29,000 CAD
- International Trade Diploma Tuition: $10,000 CAD – $20,000 CAD
- Marketing Diploma Tuition: $10,000 CAD – $20,000 CAD
- Certificate Program Tuition: $3000 CAD – $9,000 CAD
- English Program Tuition: $1,300 CAD per month
- Application Fee: $200 CAD
Should an applicant not successfully obtain their study permit prior to the start of the term, Arbutus College will refund the tuition minus the application fee of $200 CAD if the refund request is received between the date the contract was signed and the start of the program. Applicants will be required to provide proof of their declined study permit to be eligible for a refund.
Arbutus College operates with open enrolment for its programs, meaning that applications for admission are accepted during 12 intakes throughout the academic year.
- Fall Term (September start)
- Spring Term (January start)
- Summer Term (May start)
Facilities at Arbutus College
- Classrooms: Arbutus College likely has dedicated classrooms equipped with technology and resources to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Computer Labs: Computer labs provide students with access to computers, software, and internet connectivity for their academic work and research.
- Library: The college may have a library or resource center where students can access books, reference materials, digital resources, and study spaces.
- Student Lounge/Common Areas: These areas provide students with spaces to relax, socialize, and collaborate with their peers.
- Campus Cafeteria/Cafés: Arbutus College may have dining facilities on campus where students can grab meals, snacks, and beverages.
- Student Services: The college likely provides support services such as academic advising, counseling, career services, and student organizations to enhance the student experience.
We offer pre-evaluation of your documents including transcripts and English language proficiency results prior to applying to your program of choice. Additionally, we offer assistance and provide guidance in constructing optimal resumes and personal statements if required for admission. lastly we provide a checklist of all the required documents for admission and assist you with applying for residency as well.